Opportunity Communities (OppCo) is hiring a full-time, primarily remote Executive Assistant, reporting directly to the CEO. Are you interested in affordable housing and community building? Would you like to reduce economic disparities? Do you want to support organizations who are working to advance better housing policy? Do you pride yourself on your organizational and communications skills? If you answered yes to any of these questions, this position could be for you!
OppCo is a non-profit member organization that provides locally-based non-profit community developers (CDCs) who are building vibrant neighborhoods with an opportunity to achieve the benefits of a larger-scale entity without losing local independence and control. By centralizing financial management, purchasing, human resources, data and evaluation, information technology, and other management functions, and by sharing expertise in core programs central to the business of community developers (real estate, asset management, and resident services), OppCo members are better able to meet the need within their communities, to achieve deeper impacts in their core lines of business, and to ensure that change is equitable.
The Executive Assistant is an essential member of our team, providing general and administrative support to OppCo’s CEO and senior leadership team, and ensuring the smooth operations of OppCo’s Board of Managers.
Providing essential project management and administrative support to the CEO and senior team. This includes:
- Scheduling Senior Team (internal leadership) and Executive Team (cross-network leadership) meetings & providing meeting support, as needed.
- Scheduling Board and Board Committee meetings, as well as Board social events and retreats, as needed. Providing logistical support for Board members (travel arrangements, reimbursements for expenses, etc.)
- Developing and distributing Board and Committee meeting materials.
- Collaborating with administrative staff at member organizations on cross-network communication, meetings and events.
- Preparing and maintaining meeting minutes.
- Managing the work flow related to new member recruitment, including coordinating due diligence, scheduling new member exploration meetings and coordinating follow up.
- Assisting the Senior Team in maintaining the OppCo network online community (intranet) to ensure information is accurate, up-to-date and accessible to members.
- Working with Resource Development to maintain accurate donor records and regular outreach to donors.
- Ensuring corporate contacts are up to date and well organized.
- Planning, coordinating and implementing special events.
- Serving as administrative backup for other senior team leaders, as needed.
- Three or more years of experience in an administrative role reporting to upper management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with exceptional interpersonal skills and a customer service orientation
- Strong time-management skills and an ability to organize and coordinate multiple concurrent projects
- Proficiency with office productivity tools and an aptitude for learning new software and systems (we regularly use Gmail, Google Docs, Google Drive, DropBox, Salesforce, Zoom, and Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel)
- Ability to work in a diverse environment, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate across difference
- Flexible, motivated team player, willing to adapt to changes and unafraid of challenges
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information related to the organization and its employees
- Ability to work from home and willingness to come into office as needed for meetings and events.
Preferred skills and qualifications
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in developing internal processes and filing systems
- Experience with the Google Suite and SalesForce
- Experience taking meeting minutes
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter
Opportunity Communities (OppCo) provides all administrative and operational infrastructure for OppCo and its Network Members. OppCo and members Nuestra Comunidad, North Shore CDC and The Neighborhood Developers, are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in hiring and it is important to us to bring on team members who are passionate about our mission and reflect the BIPOC, immigrant and linguistic backgrounds of the communities our members serve.