CONNECT seeks an Employment Specialist, to deliver career services to low and moderate income Chelsea residents, the Employment Specialist will assist job seekers from diverse backgrounds and levels of experience to conduct successful job searches and obtain employment or enroll in job training programs. Specifically, the Jobs Employment Specialist will provide 1:1 career coaching and provide high quality facilitation of workshops incorporating best practices in adult education and training. This position is located in Chelsea, MA with some work delivered remotely.
This is an exciting time to join a growing team at CONNECT dedicated to both rapid reemployment and building long-term sustainable jobs while working in coalition with other partners.
This position is hybrid remote.
The Neighborhood Developers (TND) is a community development corporation based in Chelsea and serving Chelsea, Revere and Everett. Our mission is to create strong neighborhoods, enabling community members to secure a stable home, achieve economic mobility, and determine their own future. TND has a real estate portfolio of about 450 homes and about 20,000 sq. ft. of commercial space in Chelsea and Revere. TND also has a development pipeline of about 350 homes, including new construction and renovation, in a range of projects that mix uses, incomes and styles to meet community needs.
- Provide one-on-one job navigation services to 50-70 Chelsea residents, including cover letter and resume editing, interview prep (including mock interviews), online application guidance, soft skills training and post placement follow up
- Refer clients to necessary trainings, including helping them with MassHire’s resources
- Assist in developing relationships with employers, including traveling to local employers
- Identify job openings and refer clients to employers
- Create and deliver relevant workshops for job seekers
- Assist in hosting employer events
- Track clients served, progress and outcomes, follow-up as necessary
- Attend Good Jobs Coalition meetings and other workforce related meetings that come up
- Encourage client awareness and usage of other CONNECT services
- Bi-lingual in English and Spanish – required, this is nonnegotiable
- At least 1 year of customer service, case management, workforce development, career coaching, or customer service fields
- Familiarity with Chelsea, MA and surrounding communities
- Proficiency in a range of computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and databases
- Experience working with low-income clients from a variety of racial/ethnic groups and countries
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills – both written and oral, including comfort with public speaking
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Note that this is a hybrid role with some in-person work and some remote work.
Opportunity Communities (OppCo) provides all administrative and operational infrastructure for TND. OppCo, and members Nuestra Comunidad, North Shore CDC and TND, are equal opportunity organizations. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Submit your cover letter and resume to the following link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4727949