About the Position:
Nuestra Comunidad is a Community Development Corporation with a matrixed partnership structure in which the position of Office Manager interacts across partner organizations for accounting, HR, and construction (project) management and interacts with several law firms for legal and contract management support. The ideal candidate will have the skills of a bookkeeper/paralegal and be comfortable navigating systems in a fast-paced environment. The Office Manager is accountable for supporting all of the office and field personnel, with a focus on supporting our real estate development efforts. This position may also provide administrative support, manage calls, and handle tasks necessary for the functioning of the office. This is a full-time, salaried position.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Oversee and support all administrative duties in the office and ensure that office is operating smoothly.
- Prepare requisitions and reports required by funders, investors, and internal management.
- Requisition/Insurance management.
- Liaise between accounting services and banking affairs.
- Schedule and coordinate real estate closing meetings and property acquisitions with funders/lenders and legal counsel.
- Assistance with client and staff meeting preparations.
- Additional project management activities as required.
- Manage office supplies inventory and place orders as necessary.
- Perform receptionist duties: greet visitors, and answer and direct phone calls.
- Receive and sort incoming mail and deliveries, and manage outgoing mail.
- Develop office policies and procedures, and ensure they are implemented appropriately.
- Provide other administrative support as necessary, including scheduling group meetings, maintaining calendars, assistance for CEO, doing research, and creating reports.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- 5 years of office manager or bookkeeper experience
- Experience handling accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Experience with accounting software
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office or Google Suite programs (Email, Word, Excel, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, dependable, and highly organized
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- BA, or equivalent work experience required
- Proficient in accounting software
- Reliable work references