CONNECT seeks an Employment Specialist to deliver career services to low- and moderate-income Revere and Chelsea residents. The Employment Specialist will assist job seekers from diverse backgrounds and levels of experience to conduct successful job searches and obtain employment or enroll in job training programs. Specifically, the Employment Specialist will provide 1:1 employment counseling, job matching , onboarding assistance and post placement follow up and retention services. This position is remote with the main office located in Chelsea, MA with some work in Revere, MA . This position is grant funded and is a 9-month long assignment.
This is an exciting time to join a growing team at CONNECT dedicated to both rapid reemployment and building long-term sustainable jobs while working in coalition with other partners.
Opportunity Communities, LLC (OppCo) was created as a fresh and innovative business model that solves a fundamental structural challenge: retaining local control of resources and assets that are continually reinvested back into the community, while benefiting from the efficiency and effectiveness of a larger scale entity.
The Neighborhood Developers (TND) is a community development corporation based in Chelsea and serving Chelsea, Revere and Everett. TND's mission is to create strong neighborhoods, enabling community members to secure a stable home, achieve economic mobility, and determine their own future. TND has a real estate portfolio of about 450 homes and about 20,000 sq. ft. of commercial space in Chelsea and Revere. TND also has a development pipeline of about 350 homes, including new construction and renovation, in a range of projects that mix uses, incomes and styles to meet community needs.
● Provide one-on-one job matching services to 20-30 Revere and Chelsea residents including cover letter and resume editing, interview prep, online application guidance, and soft skills training.
● Receive and follow up on jobseeker referrals through SalesForce as well as all referrals triaged by the Workforce Development Manager (WDM).
● Screen clients to ensure they are eligible with CDBG income guidelines.
● Refer clients to trainings, including helping them with MassHire’s resources.
● Identify job openings and refer clients to employers.
● Track clients served and progress and outcomes in Salesforce ; provide retention follow up at regular intervals ( 3,6,9 months).
● Encourage client awareness and usage of other CONNECT services.
● Bi-lingual in English and Spanish.
● Knowledge of the job market and job search tools.
● Proficiency in a range of computer skills including Microsoft Office, Excel and databases.
● Detail-oriented, well-organized, and able to work independently.
● Excellent communication skills – both written and oral, including comfort with public speaking.
● Three years of experience in workforce development, career coaching, recruiting or customer service fields with excellent knowledge of career coaching tools and techniques.
● Familiarity with Revere, MA and surrounding communities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Opportunity Communities (OppCo) provides all administrative and operational infrastructure for TND. OppCo, and members Nuestra Comunidad and TND, are equal opportunity organizations. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin,
age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Submit your cover letter and resume to the following link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4727949