Grants Manager Part Time
The Grants Manager plays a pivotal administrative role for Opportunity Communities (OppCo) and its members’ fundraising teams. The main duties of this part-time position include making sure that all philanthropic grants and contracts are executed, recorded, billed, and reported. This is a part time, hybrid position of 20 to 25 hours a week.
Opportunity Communities (OppCo) is a non-profit that is committed to building communities of opportunity. Our agency is a membership organization; our members are also non-profits that build affordable homes, and that manage programs that benefit families and neighborhoods. Currently OppCo has three members: The Neighborhood Developers (headquartered in Chelsea); the North Shore Community Development Coalition (headquartered in Salem); and Nuestra Comunidad Development Corporation (headquartered in Roxbury).
At OppCo we value our employees and offer a flexible schedule that affords true work/life balance, as well as excellent health, wellness and 401K benefits. Our office model is based on open and collaborative working relationships between departments, clients and vendors, and we encourage every team member to utilize our internal and external training tools as a means of advancing knowledge in their field and growth within the organization.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- When new funding awards are secured, ensure that the award is reviewed and approved in accordance with company guidelines.
- Ensure that all awards are recorded and disbursed internally, and that all paperwork is complete.
- Coordinate with finance, fundraising and program departments to complete timely submission of billing and program reports.
- Maintain a schedule of staffing commitments by grants and service contracts; provide guidance to staff on how to complete their timesheets. Monitor progress through timesheet data tracking.
- Prepare reports that allow staff to monitor grant spend down, and share information with team members.
- Work with funders to revise contracts, when necessary.
- Coordinate monthly team meetings where grant and contract activities are coordinated with Finance, Fundraising, program managers, and Executive Directors.
- Maintain confidentiality of personnel and agency information.
- Possesses a working knowledge of company policies and procedures.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent computer knowledge and knowledge of Excel spreadsheet creation and interpretation are required.
- Demonstrated ability to show accuracy, timeliness and follow-up on tasks is required.
- Proven ability to manage shifting priorities and multiple projects is required.
- Able to read and interpret contract documents and effectively disseminate related information is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills preferred.
- Ability to interact effectively and coordinate efforts with diverse groups of internal and external stakeholders preferred.
- Attend monthly team and organization meetings.
- Attend necessary trainings to assure up to date knowledge.
- Provide database and administrative support to development teams.
- Assist in the development of departmental procedures.
- Other activities as requested.
Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Three to five years of fundraising, finance or administrative experience is required.
Knowledge of fundraising, finance and contract management software systems is preferred.
Experience coordinating cross-team work flows is preferred.
Understanding of community development programs, activities and mission is preferred.
This position is hybrid allowing for work from home as well as in-office work in Chelsea as needed to complete the required duties.
- Requires being able to sit at a desk and use a computer for most of the day.
- Ability to use typical office equipment in an office setting.
- Ability to travel to member offices.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply: Please submit both a resume and cover letter
Opportunity Communities (OppCo) and its members, North Shore CDC, Nuestra Comunidad and The Neighborhood Developers are equal opportunity organizations. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.