Senior Real Estate Accountant
OppCo partners provide stable homes within great neighborhoods, which serve as a foundation of affordable housing for thriving families and individuals. Our homes and neighborhoods promote healthy families as well as work, economic, and educational success.
At Oppco we value our employees and offer a flexible schedule that affords true work/life balance, as well as excellent health, wellness and 401K benefits. Our office model is based on open and collaborative working relationships between departments, clients and vendors, and we encourage every team member to utilize our internal and external training tools as a means of advancing knowledge in their field and growth within the organization.
The Senior Real Estate Accountant is directly responsible for the real estate accounting and reporting for multiple entities for the wholly owned subsidiaries. This position requires a strong working knowledge of Real Estate Accounting, affordable housing, generally accepted Accounting Principles, familiarity with the OMB Super Circular, high degree of interaction with company employees, vendors, funders. This position has the ability to interpret responsibilities and possesses the initiative and willingness to assume additional responsibilities, is organized, detail oriented, able to work collaboratively and solve routine problems independently. This position assesses and recommends improvement in internal control processes and enhancing efficiencies, undertakes and supervises special projects within the Real Estate accounting of OppCo.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain supporting schedules and analyses for balance sheet accounts including, but not limited to, revenue accounts, accounts receivable, bank accounts and credit cards
- Create and input applicable journal entries into Sage Intacct
- Assist with Investor Reports, Certificate of Liability Insurance, Service Agreements
- Support and assist the external accounting/audit firms with year-end requirements; prepare work papers; Assist in preparing miscellaneous financial reports for funding agencies, etc.
General Accounting Support
- Create various accounting reports as requested by management.
- Provide operational support regarding accounting and finance-related matters to program teams.
- Assist in the development of departmental policies and procedures.
- Identify opportunities to streamline existing processes, focusing upon enhancing efficiencies within the Finance team as well as within the CDC.
- Back up for payroll.
- Attend monthly team and organization meetings.
- Attend necessary trainings to assure up to date knowledge.
- Some travel may be required
Work Requirements and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance. CPA preferred
3-5 years of General Accounting experience required.
2-3 years of real estate accounting preferred.
Experience with Sage Intacct strongly preferred
Experience/Knowledge of affordable housing
This is a sedentary job by nature. Requires being able to sit at a desk and use a computer and phone for most of the day.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
To Apply: Please submit both a resume and cover letter
Opportunity Communities (OppCo) provides human resources for TND. OppCo and its members, North Shore CDC, Nuestra Comunidad and TND are equal opportunity organizations. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.