Human Resources Operations Specialist
Opportunities Communities was created as a fresh and innovative business model that solves a fundamental structural challenge for its network members: retaining local control of resources and assets that are continually reinvested back into the community, while benefiting from the resources, efficiency and effectiveness of a larger scale entity.
At OppCo, we’re in search of an attentive HR Operation Specialist to support our HR department in facilitating smooth and efficient business operations for our internal teams and OppCo Network Members. Our human resources team is focused on understanding what our employees and Network members need and have the “know-how” to provide it. We want a people-person with fantastic analytical, organizational, and conflict-management skills, to join our team.
The HR Operations Specialist coordinates and administers tasks contributing to the implementation and administration of important HR functions for OppCo and its Network Members. The HR Operations Specialist will work alongside the HR Recruiting Specialist to facilitate the onboarding of new hires and Insperity priming for payroll, be the point of contact for Insperity payroll processing working alongside the finance team. Support staff request for training and development information, provide benefits administrative assistance for open enrollment and staff inquiries and support new member integration coordination.
For now, this position is a remote position, with socially distanced access to the office if desired. As pandemic conditions change, we anticipate a flexible return to our beautiful office.
• Assist with all internal and external HR-related matters.
• Recommend strategies to motivate employees and members.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date human resources files, records, and documentation including employee files and benefit plans participation, applicant logs and resumes.
• Be the primary point of contact to Insperity Payroll Team for payroll processing, including processing, answering employee questions, fixing processing errors, and distributing live checks.
• Assist in the coordination of employee development plans and performance management.
• Perform periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
• Coordinate all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
• Keep up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
• Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate smooth new hire onboarding process using the Insperity HRIS and other tools, in coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience
• Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees and members in relation to absence and health issues, and all other employee-relations matters; refer more complex questions to appropriate senior HR or Management.
• Assist in the communication, interpretation, and upkeep of employee handbook, employee directory, and related documents.
• Assist with planning and execution of special events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• At least 2 years of human resource coordinator/specialist experience
• Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness
• Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude and knowledge of HR policies and procedures
• Knowledge of MS Office and comfortable learning new technical systems as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, business, or a related field
• Insperity HRIS
• HRCI-PHR/SHRM-CP a plus
• Strong detail-oriented and resourceful mindset
• Knowledge of HR federal and state laws and regulations
• Friendly and professional demeanor
• Attentive and honest
• Proficient in speaking Spanish
Opportunity Communities (OppCo) provides all administrative and operational infrastructure for OppCo and its Network Members. OppCo and members Nuestra Comunidad, North Shore CDC and The Neighborhood Developers, are equal opportunity organizations. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year